Re: Should we try to draw more attention on ITAs waiting for sponsorship (with testing removal) ?

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 02:40:55PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Sometimes it _is_ helpful. Any tools that made it easier to judge when
> > would be good. Just being on the mentors list gives a poor overview of
> > how much is slipping through the net.
>
> Personally, I'm wondering how much of what is "slipping through the
> net" is actually worth worrying about. There are still quite a lot of
> packages in Debian which are worth removing. e.g. I'm more tempted to
> think about sponsoring fixes for packages already in Debian than
> any ITA's.

For the moment I'm quite happy about my "Sponsoring of Blends" effort

   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB

since it ensures that the sponsee has understood the principle of a
Blends team and is connected to the other members at least technically.
I think this ensures that "slipping through the net" is not as probable
as in random sponsoring.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--