Re: Proposal: remove krb5-appl (rlogin, rsh, telnet, ftp with krb5 support)

Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@samba.org> writes:

> The following three are generic utilities, not particularly specific
> to Kerberos:

> /usr/bin/otp
> /usr/bin/otpprint
> /usr/bin/string2key

string2key is specific to Kerberos in that it provides a command-line
interface to the Kerberos string-to-key operation.  That's fairly useful
for debugging and doing surgery to KDC dumps.  I would keep it.

otp and otpprint don't look like something I'd encourage people to keep
using these days:

     -f      Choose a different algorithm from the default md5.  Pick any of:
             md4, md5, and sha.

I assume that means that they don't use HOTP or TOTP, and those choices of
hash functions are more dubious today than they were originally.