Re: Proposal: remove krb5-appl (rlogin, rsh, telnet, ftp with krb5 support)

Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> writes:

> I haven't double checked what is supplied with krb5-appl, compared with
> the Heimdal packages.

It's considerably smaller.  It provides krb5-clients (ftp, telnet, rsh,
rlogin, and rcp), krb5-ftpd, krb5-rsh-server, and krb5-telnetd.

> My understanding though is there is no objection to dropping things like
> telnet, telnetd, popd, kx, kxd, etc.

> In fact the only opposition I see here is some people object to dropping
> kerberos rsh/rlogin clients/servers for legacy and/or performance
> reasons.

That's what I'm seeing as well, for what it's worth.  I think there was a
mention of someone using the ftp code on the Heimdal list, though.