Re: Role of Release Goals

This one time, at band camp, Lucas Nussbaum said:
> On 01/12/13 at 23:32 +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > I don't really see a problem in that - $someone decides on
> > "technical project goals", whatever they are. And RT can decide that
> > they should be for the next release. Or the one after. Setting a
> > timeline until when its done. Additionally, the RT can (in whatever
> > ways) come up with more release-goals, say "gcc must be version
> > 42.0815 for jessie".
> >
> > Though I don't see why it needs a split now - has the RT done such a
> > bad job with the goals?
>
> Heh :) no.
> See [1]. During the release team meeting, the release team was not
> super at ease with deciding whether specific technical goals were
> worthwhile for Debian.

Now, that makes sense.  I apologize if I may have seemed hostile.  Given
your tone and approach with DSA, it seemed reasonable to me that you
were taking the same approach with the release team and just arbitrarily
trying to remove things that they have historically done.

If they want to cede this responsibility to others, that's of course
fair enough.

Cheers,