Re: Role of Release Goals

>> I would presumably put something like:
>> * Release Team members decide on the release goals for stable releases
> I think that a delegation would need to be a bit more specific in
> defining what "release goals" are, and what it means to have a goal
> labelled as "release goal". At least for me, the current definition of
> "release goal" is rather unclear.

It does sound to me like you two are discussing two things:

 - There are project-wide changes to be done and someone needs to take a
   decision to do them to adjust some of our common rules to make them
   easier to do. Lets name them "technical project goals"

 - There are project-wide changes to be done that should be done in time
   for a certain release and someone needs to decide which of those
   are for which release, and to probably adjust some of our common
   rules even more. Ie. release-goals.

I think the second one is more than sure a part of the release teams
call. The first was with RT in the past, and it seems Lucas wants to
move that elsewhere.

I don't really see a problem in that - $someone decides on "technical
project goals", whatever they are. And RT can decide that they should be
for the next release. Or the one after. Setting a timeline until when
its done. Additionally, the RT can (in whatever ways) come up with more
release-goals, say "gcc must be version 42.0815 for jessie".

Though I don't see why it needs a split now - has the RT done such a bad
job with the goals?

--
bye, Joerg
The sun? That’s the hottest place on Earth.