Re: Debian/Wheezy general rant Was: mount point gets "(deleted)" / unable to unmount

hi,

2013/6/5 Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Of course, you're right. If i had a "side-show" setting, I've nothing to
>> > say. But I think Apache and PHP should have tested which a widely range
>> > of users.
>>
>> Debian as a volunteer project relies on input of users to test all
>> scenarios. I'm sure exactly this combination was tested with a wide range
>> of users. However, your problem description is so vague ("some
>> lib-gd-annoying.deb" ?) that it's not useful to us to determine what the
>> problem in your situation could be so we can solve it.
>

> +1 Please fill the bugs or at least show the exact problem which you have
> encountered. And as usual you would be most welcome to come and help with
> (at least) PHP testing, triaging, etc., etc.

Nope, there were already bugs postet, this was where I found the
workaround. #706869 was another I ran into it.

"Both these symptoms are expected and documented in NEWS.Debian, and
displayed during upgrade if you have apt-listchanges installed. Please
follow the steps in that file." Just annoying. Documented, but
annoying.
I can't find the other bug, but on the day I found it there and I
could help myself. But: just annoying and unnecessary annoying.
It does not help yelling "please fill a bug" or "help smash a bug!",
if there is a bug and people with more knowledge about the topic than
me are involved.

Just don't glorify wheezy, it has it's own bugs. I don't expect
anything else. But I expect, that our time we use to build, install
and maintain debian was as equal appreciated as the DMs or DDs. Thank
you.

Greetings,
Björn