Re: Debian/Wheezy general rant Was: mount point gets "(deleted)" / unable to unmount

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> wrote:
> Of course, you're right. If i had a "side-show" setting, I've nothing to
> say. But I think Apache and PHP should have tested which a widely range
> of users.

Debian as a volunteer project relies on input of users to test all
scenarios. I'm sure exactly this combination was tested with a wide range
of users. However, your problem description is so vague ("some
lib-gd-annoying.deb" ?) that it's not useful to us to determine what the
problem in your situation could be so we can solve it.

+1 Please fill the bugs or at least show the exact problem which you have encountered. And as usual you would be most welcome to come and help with (at least) PHP testing, triaging, etc., etc.

We would love to have more testing during the freeze and some has happened, but you cannot expect us to create all possible scenarios. However we could still fix the bugs related to upgrade in .point releases. (In fact there's already updated php5 waiting in the s-p-u).

Always please remember that some of us gets paid to do the packaging, some of us gets some time to spend on Debian (but it's not my primary job), and some of us are volunteers which spends our evenings, nights and weekends taking care of the packages.

> I was also confused, because I could really find fast a workkaround.

Is there a bug report for this issue you are talking about?

> So, there was no reason, that this wasn't fixed on release.

There might be a plenty of reasons. Maybe the issue isn't so simple, maybe the maintainer have a life, job, etc., or maybe nobody has reported the bug...?

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>