Re: let's split the systemd binary package

previously on this list Philipp Kern contributed:

> I'm not sure why our enterprise users don't count as users as well.

Of course they do even if the couple of people possibly concerned with
it that I know use.. is it Citrix? I was merely pointing out that it
is an extremely small minority of Debian users but possibly? a majority
or major section of RedHats paying customers and even more so it's
revenue stream (pay more).

This should be considered in weighting the pros and cons that's all
especially when terms like real features (largely gone undefined) are
being banded around. As I have said issues that affect many and people
may actually notice have gone are easily fixed as far as I am aware
(certainly the ones mentioned like suspend, as I do so when disabling
polkit very easily without compilation). So how many debian Gnome users
will notice the breakage aside from suspend and ? how many will
continue to use Gnome if the default is changed as has already been
raised.

On top of that, large organisation's should have no problem solving
this and do they use debian or want support from Red Hat/Citrix in
most cases?

I don't need the dbus system bus personally either but I understand the
vast vast majority do in current setups, so that is a real issue of the
future if permitted to land into the kernel as the only option (I doubt
it) and as Canonical/Ubuntu and Google have concerns on multiple fronts
here I think it is certainly worth waiting that out and should not
really be used as an argument currently.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)