Re: let's split the systemd binary package

On 2013-10-28 10:58, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
By vast majority I was meaning user requirements and not distro
packagers expectations, user requirements is actually the metric which
should count the most and most users do not need session tracking, it
can actually get in the way (one user using many logins, shutdown, usb
access etc.).

User requirements are normally automatically reflected by unix
developers but RedHats enterprise requirements and extensive dev time
have the potential to swing that even if they rectify it from time to
time.

I'm not sure why our enterprise users don't count as users as well. My guess is that both Canonical and RedHat have some demanding customers that want basic features like accurate screensaver locking (which seems surprisingly hard) and proper isolation between users to be working...

So RH also pushes for multi-seat, where I agree that it's kind of an odd use case currently, but which could've saved a bunch of machines if it were implemented properly.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern