Re: let's split the systemd binary package

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 12:14:57AM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> > E.g. XFCE either wants ConsoleKit, or logind. If you look at ConsoleKit,
> > you'll notice it is NOT maintained.
>
> XFCE *needs* neither and in fact the vast vast majority of users do
> not either.

I check the spec files for Fedora, Mageia, openSUSE. They all seem to
require logind. For Arch, seems as well, but not sure (difficult to
verify). For Debian it is a recommends.

Needs neither seems to be true based on the recommends, but "vast
majority" seems incorrect. I do wonder what breaks though :P

--
Regards,
Olav