Re: Proposal: let’s have a GR about the init system

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013, at 16:27, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Paul Tagliamonte <paultag <at> debian.org> writes:
>
> > > Let’s GR it.
> >
> > Let's tech committee it :)
>
> I’d ask them to solve the situation of gnome/xfce depending on systemd,
> or something like that, but not a decision whether we want to support
> one or multiple init systems, and if not all currently existing ones
> (plus maybe OpenRC which had a GSoC after all), then which one. That’s
> something for the Developers to decide IMHO. And we should do this now.
> Still relatively early in the release process, so that any action can
> be done by jessie+1 at the latest, with jessie already carrying
> everything needed to enable it.

Do we? I on the other hand have a full trust in the technical committee
and as a packager of several daemons just want to have the situation
stabilized. I don't have a urge to vote on the decision and I think that
focused informed technical decision would be more valuable than general
consensus where we let our emotions vote.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server