Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

On Oct 25, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:

> • Your primary use case appears to be “the desktop”, whereas Debian, as
>   opposed to some of its downstreams and Pure Blends, is a Universal OS,
>   which means it’s got much more servers in use, which don’t benefit from
>   systemd either at all or at least not that much.
This is totally wrong. Servers greatly benefit from a modern init system
as well, often even more than desktops.
Think about netboot, SAN support, SCSI LUNs which come and go, etc.

> • On a VM, I might want to run very low-consuming software only, to lower
Just because you /want/ something it does not mean that it is worth
supporting it for Debian.

--
ciao,
Marco