Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

James wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>> Let's change the default desktop for installation to xfce.
>> Pros:
>>
>>  * CD#1 will work again without size worries
>>
>>  * Smaller, simpler desktop
>>
>>  * Works well/better on all supported kernels (?)
>>
>>  * Does not depend on replacing init
>
>This falsely implies that sticking with Gnome requires replacing the
>init system.  The only requirement is that systemd is installed, not
>that it is used as the init system.

That may be the case today, but I personally think it's abundantly
clear from the current path of Gnome development that sooner or later
it's going to have a hard dependency on using systemd.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/