Re: Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

Le vendredi 25 octobre 2013 à 12:43 +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer a
écrit :
> Debian should continue to offer free choice of the init system

Why? “Multiple init systems” is not a feature that any of our users
should care of. It is not a functional goal.

> And in reality it seems to be far less modular than what the Lennart and
> friends keep up claiming (just have a look at Tollef's post above).

You just don’t have the same definition of “modular”.
Systemd is extremely modular in its architecture. It doesn’t mean,
though, that it is possible to pick random pieces to use without the
others.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :