Re: Please assume good faith (was Re: systemd effectively mandatory now due to GNOME)

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 22:37 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:07:53PM +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> > I'd call such cases even intentional malicious behaviour against user.
> >
> > I'm sure you can easily find the related bugs, but please keep them away
> > from here, since the flames do not need even more coals to burn higher.
> Those two sentences are conflicting. Either be nice, or don't suggest
> you are.

I don't see what you mean? I said one should be respectful and polite,
but this doesn't mean one has to conceal the truth, does it?

If I would have called GNOME upstream "assh***" or anything similar
(which I did not and which is not my intention),... then I'd be
impolite.
But stating that IMHO a lot goes wrong in which ways GNOME has chosen
and that there are also critical issues that go beyond things like "One
doesn't like GNOME Shell" or whatsoever... has nothing to do with being
nice or not.

Cheers,
Chris.