Re: systemd effectively mandatory now due to GNOME

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 11:59 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 09:11:30AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 02:09:46AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > >  And I for one heavily use vservers
> >
> > It's a professional shame of mine that we are still trying to get rid of
> > some old vserver instances at $WORK.
>
> lxc is still nowhere close to vserver (or openvz) functionality.
[...]

I'm not sure whether that's still true, but anyway: OpenVZ is in
mainline Linux now.  You'll need to wait for Linux 3.12 in Debian, as we
can't enable CONFIG_USER_NS before then, and I don't know whether the
vzctl package is ready to work with mainline kernels.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Teamwork is essential - it allows you to blame someone else.