Re: Less dinstall FTW?

On 29 August 2013 10:55, Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org> wrote:
> 2013/8/29 Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox@debian.org>:
>> Can dinstall be run every hour please? For me, if anything dinstall is
>> not frequent enough.
>
> No, dinstall takes more than an hour to finish...

Ok.

>> If it takes longer than hour to execute, can it be optimised and sped up?
>
> ... and even if it can be reduced, there are more problems this would
> introduce (mirror pushes, snapshot pushes, ...)

Is incoming.debian.org mirrored? From my end (UK) it looks like it's
hosted in the USA, well 17 hops away with a ~10% packet loss along the
way (could be blocked mtr/pings)
So I will not be pulling from incoming.debian.org. Since I usually aim
to work << 12h a day coding, as a developer it means that at most I'll
be able to see updates once a day. And my own upload only the next
day.
I don't want to build packages using local apt repository of uploads,
since e.g. I don't want to upload something that was build against
earlier uploaded $foo, which got rejected by ftp-masters for example.
Currently, it's sometimes possible for me to see updates twice a day
(e.g. my morning upload in the evening).

Can incoming be mirrored on e.g. eu & jp UploadQueue boxes?

Regards,

Dmitrijs.