Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)

On 08/27/2013 12:41 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> It's hard enough to get maintainers to fix bugs in current stable
> (backporting can be difficult, and some just don't care), let alone
> another 3 years of LTS.
>
> Ben.

I agree with what you wrote above Ben. Though that is not in a direct
relation with what we can do for packages we care about (I already gave
a small list of very important packages for me).

Also, what one has to do currently to get packages updated in stable is
demotivating (don't get me wrong: I do understand why we have things
like they are in Stable, though one got to be blind to not see the
demotivating side of it). I don't intend to implement such
administrative overhead for updating this very-old-stable security
repository. If we are only a small group of volunteer working on it, it
will be easier to implement as well.

Thomas