Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:53:47AM +0200, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> But I'd like to stress we need *all* developers to be involved fix bugs
> (esp. security) in their packages in all the supported releases, not only
> in current-stable.

I am afraid I am not on board for this. I do not agree with requiring
me to support old software for years and years after I've stopped using
it. It is not something that interests me as a technical challenge;
instead the task is tedious and boring.

If you think this extra couple of years of support is something you want
to work on, that's fine. Please don't think it is a goal everyone else
in Debian agrees with, or is willing to work on.

--
http://www.cafepress.com/trunktees -- geeky funny T-shirts
http://gtdfh.branchable.com/ -- GTD for hackers