Re: overriding udev rules

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:

> The persistent network interface naming rules are already skipped if
> udev is run within a virtual machine.

Which made me look closer at
/lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules

I find it a bit strange that it has lots of logic involving different
OUIs, but doesn't seem to care at all about the "addr_assign_type" sysfs
attribute.  I believe you never should generate any persistent rules if
this attribute is different from 0 (NET_ADDR_PERM).

And I'll now go fix some drivers which doesn't set it as appropriate.

Bjørn