overriding udev rules

hi,
I need for a package to override some udev standard rules.

If I put an identical rule name in /etc/udev/rules.d, I know it overrides the one in /lib/udev/rules.d

However, lintian raises an error if I put an udev rule in /etc instead of /lib.
And if I try to put the file in /lib, it fails at install because the file is owned by udev package.

This particular package is for use in virtual machines creation where package removes default network persistence.

Is there an other way to override udev rules in package or should I simply override the lintian error message?

Thanks

Olivier

--
gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438