Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian

+++ Philip Hands [2013-08-21 10:35 +0100]:
> Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:
>
> > I have always thought that there was room for a business selling
> > longer-term Debian support.
>
> Quite.
>
> It seems to me that doing things to keep these people cheerful should
> attract a financial reward.  If that made the somewhat more enlightened
> companies band together to share the LTS workload amongst themselves
> somehow (possibly by having a limited distribution model of some sort,
> restricted to members of the mutual-support-club) then that would be no
> bad thing either.

Right. Nothing stops security updates only going to those that paid,
(although I'd expect them to be made available to all after some
appropriate delay) although of course anyone who paid is free to
re-distribute further, which could make the business fragile.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/