Re: PulseAudio

 ❦ 20 juillet 2013 15:37 CEST, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> :

>> That's not a channel weight matrix, that's a remap of the channels. It's
>> not something fancy to have the rear left channel go to the rear left
>> speaker.
>>
>> As for the channel weight matrix, it's usually the job of the AV
>> amplifier to do that. And of course PulseAudio has also something like
>> that: run pavucontrol and move the sliders for each channels. I don't
>> see exactly the point to go to the documentation for that. PulseAudio is
>> easy.
>
> Excuse me but I can't seem to find that in pavucontrol.  All I see is a
> single slider for each channel.
>
> Ie, instead of:
> 1 0 0 0 0
> 0 1 0 0 0
> 0 0 1 0 0
> 0 0 0 1 0
> 0 0 0 0 1
> you can have:
> 1   0   0 0 0
> 0 0.5   0 0 0
> 0   0 0.8 0 0
> 0   0   0 1 0
> 0   0   0 0 1
> but not:
> 1   0   0 0 0
> 0 0.5 0.2 0 0
> 0 0.1 0.7 0 0 [these particular values don't make much sense]
> 0   0   0 1 0
> 0   0   0 0 1

OK. I don't know if it's possible with PulseAudio.

> That not really documented ability to remap channels allows at most
> permuting them.  I also wonder what would be the purpose, unless your
> setup is hard-wired at every single step, without the ability to pull
> a plug and put it in correctly.

With nVidia HDMI output, it is quite common to have rear left and rear
right inverted. You cannot just modify the physical placement of your
speakers because other sources will have the "right" order (and when you
play AC3, you will also get the "right" order).
--
Use debugging compilers.