Re: Switching to mozilla ESR in stable-security

Quoting Russ Allbery (2013-05-30 19:56:23)
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> > On 30-05-13 19:29, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
> >> Maybe the best way forward is to have backports activated by
> >> default
>
> > No.
>
> > If we're going down that route, we might as well give up on doing a
> > stable release.
>
> Two issues keep getting confused when people talk about this, so let
> me try to clarify the way that this was clarified on backport-users.
>
> The actual proposal in the bug report is to add backports.debian.org
> to the default sources.list file in the installer, but not otherwise
> change anything about the backports configuration.  Specifically, the
> archive would remain NotAutomatic ButAutomaticUpgrades.

If you mean bug#691651 as Cyril suggests (thanks, Cyril!) then I only
see that bugreport talking about adding commented out line for
backports.  Not relying on APT hints for "damage control".

Can someone elaborate on those plans?

 - Jonas