Re: default MTA

On Thu, 30 May 2013 04:04:14 +0800, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
wrote:
>> I'm happy to see this use case is covered in GNOME.
>
>Me as well.
>
>Though not everyone uses GNOME (someone pointed out earlier in this list
>that we have more than 40 window managers in Debian!), and it is
>desirable, IMO, to also handle their use case.

I think that people who are able to replace the default desktop with
the desktop of their choice should be trusted to read their local mail
as well. We may document this, but I don't think that we should spend
personpower to provide a technical solution to that. There are things
more important than that.

We should make local mail or other messages trivially and
automatically visible for people who have installed Debian in NNF[1]
compliant way, but if one has gone to length to use something
non-default, I think we can safely trust those people with taking
other measures as well.

Greetings
Marc

[1] Next, next, finish