Re: "Blacklists" in BTS (stopping the trolls and bug machines)

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> I would like to ask what would be general opinion to add functionality
> to BTS to be able to blacklist[*] certain people from filling the bugs
> directly.

We actually already have this functionality, as the BTS uses procmail.

> There are few of them, some of them are trolls, some of them are just
> bug machines, but it is tiresome to handle useless bugreports with no
> or little info, when the more appropriate forum would be debian-user
> (or sometimes /dev/null).

These happen all the time; the best method is to close them and refer
them to -user, and suggest that they work with -user to identify their
bug, and file a good one.

I try to do that, but you know I am not an endless cup of hospitality...  and I never received response to "please, don't use version from experimental", or "please use debian-user instead of filling such bugs".

Finally, I strongly suggest adding a bug script for you package to
report additional information that will help you triage out badly filed
bugs.

AFAIK there's one for php5 (at least it lists the modules), but it's useless since Dan Jacobson doesn't use reportbug.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>