Re: Switching default dpkg-deb compressor to xz

Ben what basis do you have against .gz ?

And I'd love to know if it won't cause dependancy problems when someone has more than one debian they are dealing with.

I doubt it's as simple as stated.

What's wrong with saying so?

And yes I do think there are some that would inject problems (such as killing init for a new startup that isn't compatible).

There are all kinds of proposals continually that are unwise. And this one has been complained against and re-submitted often already.

So why shouldn't I repeat past complaints others have made on previous posts.

I think your singling me out.

Ben Hutchings wrote:
On Mon, 2013-05-13 at 21:53 -0400, John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell