Re: Doubts about PPA in Debian
On 05/07/2013 10:34 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Debian backports offers me *one* repository. I need 3 of them:
> I don't see why. The combination of suites we have now should be
> enough. Here is what I would do...
>> - stable -1 (currently OpenStack Folsom)
> Ignore, is there any reason why an old version is interesting?
It's currently not possible to upgrade from Essex (which is
in Wheezy) to Grizzly (which is currently in Experimental).
You need to upgrade through Folsom first. At least, that
is the current upstream status, I'll have to find a solution.
>> - stable (currently OpenStack Grizzly)
Well, I'd like to run a backport for Wheezy only, I don't
want to have it in sid+jessie. Currently, I can't do that.
>> Also, the rules in backports is that packages should be already migrated
>> to testing. The point is, if I had PPAs, I wouldn't at all upload to SID
>> and wait
>> for a migration to testing, because it would be better if the packages were
>> living in the PPA only (that would be a lot more flexible and adapted to my
>> use case).
> I think that would be a bit sad and I hope you don't do that.
I agree. I tried to explain that to upstream, but no luck so far...
There's not much I can do, especially with a project of that size.
Distributions like Ubuntu and Debian have the same pb though.
Probably RedHat too.