Re: Doubts about PPA in Debian

On 07/05/13 15:34, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Debian backports offers me *one* repository. I need 3 of them:
>> - stable -1 (currently OpenStack Folsom)
>
> Ignore, is there any reason why an old version is interesting?

Because Debian testing has it during a freeze, for instance?

>> - stable (currently OpenStack Grizzly)
>
> sid+jessie+wheezy-backports+squeeze-backports-sloppy

Not great during a freeze or when otherwise impeded from uploading
directly (for instance because it'll need a transition).

GNOME/unstable is currently two upstream stable-branches (3.even)
behind, and will probably need multiple transition slots to catch up
(thanks, Evolution...)

>> - development (currently OpenStack Havana)
>
> experimental

If experimental is used for development branches (e.g. GNOME 3.odd),
which AIUI was its original purpose, then it isn't available for staging
transitions that aren't ready for unstable (either because major known
bugs are being worked on, or because uploading them would disrupt an
orthogonal transition too much).