Re: Doubts about PPA in Debian

On 7 May 2013 17:03, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
Now, if I had PPA, then I could follow upstream release cycles. Every 6
months, I would destroy the PPA for OpenStack stable -2, and create a
new stable PPA. I could put all the backport software I need in there.
No need to worry anymore about the release cycles not in sync with what
we do in Debian. Since most things are Python, I could still continue to
upload the modules into SID (or Experimental during the freeze), and as
the brilliant plan for the Debian PPA will not add duplication, it will
be "for free", just giving a list of packages that I wish to import.

In what way would this be better then using Debian Backports?

Also, even if I do understand your concern, and that we should push
everyone to upload in the main repository of Debian whenever possible,
this doesn't fit all use cases.

Agreed.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>