Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

* Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de>, 2013-05-08, 11:53:
We already know we can't trust all maintainers to build binaries in a clean chroot. Nor can we trust them to test binaries they upload. What makes you think maintainers will not simply blindly create changes files for buildd build binaries and upload them?

There's a huge difference between being negligent and actively trying to bypass the archive software policies.

"We can('t) trust X to do A" doesn't usually imply "We can('t) trust X to do B". No, really, it doesn't.

--
Jakub Wilk