Re: Please test gzip -9n - related to dpkg with multiarch support

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012, Neil Williams wrote:
> I don't get it. That would only affect packages which were built
> during the time that a new upload of gzip is made and all the
> buildd's making that new version available. Now, if there is a
> binNMU after a new version of gzip is uploaded, yes it is probably
> wise to rebuild all architectures if the package includes a
> Multi-Arch: same library. How often does that happen?

Isn't this something that we can test for in the archive, and require
rebuilds for all affected packages before entering testing?
[Multi-Arch: same with the same path that have differing md5sums?]

Even outside of the gzip case, this would catch cases where
maintainers had screwed up.

Don Armstrong

--
The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion [...] refutes its
thesis far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's