Re: Please test gzip -9n - related to dpkg with multiarch support

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> (07/02/2012):
> I'd like to ask for some help with a bug which is tripping up my tests
> with the multiarch-aware dpkg from experimental - #647522 -
> non-deterministic behaviour of gzip -9n.

For those not subscribed to that bug, how to reproduce[1] and possible
fix[2] are available now. There might be other places where buffers are
reused, I only spent a few minutes on this during my lunch break.

 1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=55;bug=647522
 2. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=60;bug=647522

Mraw,
KiBi.