Re: Please test gzip -9n - related to dpkg with multiarch support

Cyril Brulebois dixit:

>For those not subscribed to that bug, how to reproduce[1] and possible
>fix[2] are available now. There might be other places where buffers are
>reused, I only spent a few minutes on this during my lunch break.

Your lunch breaks are amazing. Doesn’t this look like “uses uninitiali‐
sed memory” somehow? Has anyone run valgrind over GNU gzip?

Possibly this is “zeroes memory once, then assumes it’s zeroed”?

I fear your patch may be only hiding/masking the bug…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<ch> you introduced a merge commit        │<mika> % g rebase -i HEAD^^
<mika> sorry, no idea and rebasing just fscked │<mika> Segmentation