Re: Really, about udev, not init systems

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:
> Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> (28/11/2012):
>> That's not truth anymore, since AFAIK rules of udev moved to /usr.
>
> May I suggest some fact checking? Try “dpkg -L udev” for a start.

Yes, the Debian package is OK and I assume it will continue to be.  But
I believe Thomas was referring to the recently (udev 176) changed
upstream default.  See e.g.
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/udev.html :

  "udev configuration files are placed in /etc/udev and /usr/lib/udev."

Upstream has explained it this way in the changelog:

  "The default 'configure' install locations have changed. Packages for
   systems with the historic / vs. /usr split need to be adapted,
   otherwise udev will be installed in /usr and not work
   properly. Example configuration options to install things the
   traditional way are in INSTALL."

Just stating the facts.  I see no reason to discuss these issues any
further.

Bjørn