Re: "Do not CC me"

On 11/26/2012 08:22 AM, Andrew Shadura wrote:

Hello,

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 08:07:03 -0500 The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

Gmail does something similar, except not time-limited; it won't even re-send you a copy of a mail you send to a mailing list. This is apparently
on the grounds that you already have a copy under "Sent Items" or
equivalent, and of course Gmail's magical "unified conversations" view will
show that message in the discussion's context no matter where it's actually
stored.

Not always true. I get both, every time, and the sent message sometimes I get
twice :)

Hmm. Maybe they changed something after all; the last time I looked at this was
at least two years ago, but at the time they seemed to consider the behavior a
feature rather than a bug, despite the number of people requesting the ability
to disable it. Given their track record with such things (or at least my
impression thereof), I didn't expect them to have changed that.

If they *have* introduced the ability to configure this, I'd like to know how...
another thing to look into, I suppose.

--
   The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger