Re: "Do not CC me"

On 11/26/2012 02:06 AM, Vincent Danjean wrote:

Hi,

Le 26/11/2012 04:41, Russ Allbery a écrit :

When someone copies you on a message to a mailing list, you get two copies,

Not always. My ISP (French "Free/Proxad") seems to filter mail with the same
Message-ID sent in a few period of time (a few minutes?)

Gmail does something similar, except not time-limited; it won't even re-send you
a copy of a mail you send to a mailing list. This is apparently on the grounds
that you already have a copy under "Sent Items" or equivalent, and of course
Gmail's magical "unified conversations" view will show that message in the
discussion's context no matter where it's actually stored.

Which is useless if you're not using the Gmail Web interface, of course... not
to mention if you actually want the modified mailing-list copy.

I suppose there's argument to be made that the actual problem lies in not
changing the Message-ID when modifying a message for mailing-list
retransmission, but that's a long-established practice and there are very likely
reasons for it.

--
   The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger