Re: "Do not CC me"
- To: Debian Devel <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: "Do not CC me"
- From: Karl Goetz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:35:32 +1100
- Message-id: <1353875732.2685.2.camel@Nokia-N900-02-8>
- Reply-to: Karl Goetz <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CALL-Q8zd-OMsXiwUu8s5mjwV3HVOPgXnrW_i99jk3BEoK8Jxfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CALL-Q8zd-OMsXiwUu8s5mjwV3HVOPgXnrW_i99jk3BEoK8Jxemail@example.com>
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 07:27:31 LHST, Игорь Пашев <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi there!
> I see many note in this list like:
> "I'm registered to the list. So please *do not* Cc: me."
> So I'd like to note:
> 1. Some e-mail cleints make it hard not to CC. For example GMail has only
> two options: reply and reply to all. "Reply" will send email to the
> author, not to the list
then people using those mail clients will need to take extra care to remove CCs, just as i had to in replying now.
> 2. Some email cleints are smart enough to guess that CC and list email is
> the same and will not duplicate it