Re: Mass bug filling about proprietary code of adobe in our type1 fonts

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 06:48:58PM +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> > Debian release I've witnessed, such nitpicking thingies always come
> > during the freeze time. I'd prefer nitpickers to be more active during
> > the 1.5 year where development of the future release is active.
>
> It's nitpicking depending on how serious one takes the DFSG.  Bug reports are
> free to be active whenever they want.  Let's not discourage bug reporters by
> calling them nitpickers and by giving the impression that the bug reports would
> be less welcome during the freeze time.  In this case I welcome Bastien's
> initiative.

Amen. I understand that this initiatives might be frustrating when the
natural obsession we now have is getting the RC bugs count down. But we
should not discourage bug reporting activities at any time during the
release. If they are valid RC bugs (something I haven't verified myself
in this specific case) and if the timing is bad, it will be up to
release team whether they deserve policy exceptions or not. But there's
no reason I can think of to be unwelcoming of initiatives that aim at a
laudable goal --- increasing Debian quality --- even if when they arrive
at a moment that might seem untimely.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .