gnome-panel (was: debian mate)

Am Mittwoch, den 21.11.2012, 14:15 +0100 schrieb Josselin Mouette:
> > The panel (no free arranging of applets / starters;
>
> This is by design. Please point me to a case where the new layout
> mechanism doesn’t answer *real* user needs. OTOH being finally free of
> absolute positioning means the end of the awful bugs when resizing the
> screen or when applets change their size.

This change is definitely a big improvement. Rearranging panel elements
after plugging monitors or resizing the screen was a pain.

> > simple right-click does not work anymore, alt or even alt+super+click
> > is needed now;
>
> Obviously you haven’t had to manage a help desk where you get calls from
> people who have accidentally removed their notification area or their
> window list with a wrongly placed right click.

Changing the right-click is okay and reduces the risk of accidental
changes. My first thought was "Oh, they removed the ability to
add/rearrange stuff in the panel". When searching for a bug report to
get this feature back, I stumbled over the new key combination. Either I
did not read the appropriate news or this change was not announced
prominently enough.

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer