Re: (seemingly) declinging bug report numbers

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:57:24PM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦ 11 octobre 2012 20:26 CEST, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> :

> >> Quite a few upstreams thinks Debian are working contrary to their design
> >> and their goals and are actively hindering adoption of their software.
> >> If you're interested in examples, just take a look at how rubygems was
> >> handled in Debian until wheezy and all the silliness around node.js and
> >> /usr/bin/node.

> > When, as in the case of node.js, upstream is antisocial and has an
> > overinflated sense of self-importance, it's perfectly appropriate for Debian
> > to work contrary to their design.

> About the first part of the sentence, this is a good way to get a whole
> community against us if it becomes publicized. We'll be happy to work
> for a distribution that nobody uses because nobody likes us any more.

I have no problem with the above statement being publicized.  The rude
behavior of node.js upstream in regard to their namespace handling is
already well known.  I'm not going to meekly pretend that their behavior is
ok for fear of angering whatever the node.js equivalent of the Slashdot
crowd is.  The TC resolution carefully balanced the needs of both sets of
users, but as for node.js upstream, they receive my full scorn for their
role in this as namespace hijackers.