Re: (seemingly) declinging bug report numbers

 ❦ 11 octobre 2012 20:26 CEST, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> :

>> Quite a few upstreams thinks Debian are working contrary to their design
>> and their goals and are actively hindering adoption of their software.
>> If you're interested in examples, just take a look at how rubygems was
>> handled in Debian until wheezy and all the silliness around node.js and
>> /usr/bin/node.
>
> When, as in the case of node.js, upstream is antisocial and has an
> overinflated sense of self-importance, it's perfectly appropriate for Debian
> to work contrary to their design.

About the first part of the sentence, this is a good way to get a whole
community against us if it becomes publicized. We'll be happy to work
for a distribution that nobody uses because nobody likes us any more.
--
printk(KERN_WARNING "Multi-volume CD somehow got mounted.\n");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/isofs/inode.c