Re: Handling /etc/modprobe.d and module load order

On Sep 18, Amit <amit.uttam@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is main problem. Both the drivers try and control the device. The
> only work around I could come up with was to pass a usbhid quirks to
> ignore this specific board and then load the custom driver.
Actually there is a different solution:

# stop handling the device identified by VID and PID
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="drivers", \
        ENV{DEVPATH}=="/bus/usb-serial/drivers/usbhid", \
        ATTR{remove_id}="xxxx yyyy"

# if no driver has claimed the interface yet, load your_driver
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="usb_interface", \
        ATTRS{idVendor}=="xxxx", ATTRS{idProduct}=="yyyy", \
        DRIVER=="", \
        RUN+="/sbin/modprobe -b your_driver"

Or just:

echo 'xxxx yyyy' > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbhid/remove_id
modprobe your_driver

--
ciao,
Marco