Re: Handling /etc/modprobe.d and module load order

Ben Hutchings <ben <at> decadent.org.uk> writes:

> > Trying to load usbhid and passing a quirks parameter so that it ignores
> > a specific device. Then, I have my own kernel module to control that
> > device.
>
> What is this driver?

It is a driver for a PIC microcontroller board. I was using usbhid but
there was a bug that I couldn't work around. So I am bundling a custom
kernel module. I need to blacklist that device from usbhid otherwise it
tries to control the device.

> > OK. So I blacklist the modules in package.modprobe. And then load them
> > in the order I want in package.init by just calling modprobe?
>
> Unless you're doing something very unusual, you let udev load the module
> automatically based on its device ID table.

I haven't thought of this. How does this work in the case when usbhid
already has the device in its device ID table.

Thanks for your help.

Amit