Handling /etc/modprobe.d and module load order

I am using debhelper 9.20120115 and would like some advice on bundling
/etc/modprobe.d/package.modprobe and /etc/modules.

 1. I am currently using dh_installmodules to install package.modprobe.
    However, I noticed that the automated debhelper commands in
    postins/postrm don't run update-initramfs. Is updating initramfs not

 2. I also need to specify module load order so I am bundling
    /etc/modules. However, there doesn't seem to be a debhelper script
    to handle /etc/modules.

I searched the list archives and found conflicting arguments regarding
the use of update-initramfs after updating /etc/modules or

Thanks for any help,