Re: CD1 without a network mirror isn't sufficient to install a full desktop environment

2012/9/11 Jon Dowland wrote:

> I feel that the decision to change from GNOME to something else, on the
> basis of complaints about GNOME 3, should only be considered after we've
> actually released with at least one version of GNOME 3.

There's no need to walk through the minefield, it's already done.
Fedora lost more than half of the user base with the Fedora 15
release (GNOME3 and systemd). They now bring GNOME2 back. [1] :)

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MATE-Desktop

--
  Serge