Re: solving the network-manager-in-gnome problem

]] Wookey

> 3) Network manager should have an /etc/default/ ENABLE/DISABLE switch
> (as wicd does)

[...]

> I do believe that at least one of the above should be done for wheezy.

Is there any reason whatsoever to have the setting in both /etc/default
and /etc/rcN.d?

I really wish we could get rid of the NO_START=1, ENABLE=NO and similar
stuff in /etc/default.  Either that, or we standardise on one variable
that everything has to support and we get rid of /etc/rcN.d completely.

--
Tollef Fog Heen