Re: Recommends for metapackages

Adam Borowski writes ("Re: Recommends for metapackages"):
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 09:32:19PM -0600, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 07:21:00PM +0100, Noel David Torres Taño wrote:
> > > Installing N-M breaks unrelated software.
> >
> > No. At most it breaks *related* software.
>
> Exactly, that's why it's the "gnome-core" package that's RC-buggy, not
> network-manager.  Unless someone thinks a desktop environment's core
> function is to mess with the network, that is.

I think this discussion became circular and repetitive and useless
quite some time ago.

It is plain that the gnome-core maintainers are not going to agree to
make this change.  Therefore people who want the change made should
either (a) shut up and put up with the status quo (b) refer the matter
to the TC.

Ian.