Re: Bug #680861 - change postinst or bug in debhelper?

El 2012-07-19 10:00, Reinier Haasjes escribió:
Hi All,

I'm trying to resolve bug #680861 where the problem is that if the
config of aiccu is incorrect and thus the program can't start it breaks
the upgrade.

In the aiccu.postinst i have the line: "#DEBHELPER#", debhelper replaces
this with:
	# Automatically added by dh_installinit
	if [ -x "/etc/init.d/aiccu" ]; then
	        update-rc.d aiccu defaults >/dev/null
	        invoke-rc.d aiccu start || exit $?
	fi
	# End automatically added section

The problem is "invoke-rc.d aiccu start || exit $?" which exits the
postinst with an error if aiccu fails to start and thus brakes the upgrade.

Hi Reinier,

probably you could check the reasons why the aiccu start script can fail and "catch" them. For example, if aiccu needs a file or device that don't exists, the start script could show a info message like "The file x was not found. Not starting aiccu" but don't return an error.

Regards.
kix

I want to change this to "invoke-rc.d aiccu start || true" but then I
have to remove the "#DEBHELPER#" line and do it 'manually', ofcourse
this isn't the problem but I prefer to use debhelper as much as possible.

The problem is that if I (/aiccu) have this problem than other packages
should have the same problem and this would be a debpacker bug.
Is this a debhelper bug and should I report a bug or should I just
replace the code so it works for aiccu?

Thanks in advance for you advise.

Regards,

Reinier