Re: Bug #680861 - change postinst or bug in debhelper?

On 19.07.2012 10:00, Reinier Haasjes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to resolve bug #680861 where the problem is that if the
> config of aiccu is incorrect and thus the program can't start it breaks
> the upgrade.

If the configuration is incorrect and aiccu fails because of that, I
think it is also correct if the postinst fails. Otherwise this problem
would go unnoticed.

> I want to change this to "invoke-rc.d aiccu start || true" but then I
> have to remove the "#DEBHELPER#" line and do it 'manually', ofcourse
> this isn't the problem but I prefer to use debhelper as much as possible.
>
> The problem is that if I (/aiccu) have this problem than other packages
> should have the same problem and this would be a debpacker bug.
> Is this a debhelper bug and should I report a bug or should I just
> replace the code so it works for aiccu?

You can use dh_installinit's --error-handler option for that.

But as said, I don't think it is a good idea to hide errors.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?